Developing your email marketing subscriber database
40 per cent of B2B marketers say email marketing newsletters are most critical to their content marketing success.
One of the best ways to ensure people sign up to your email marketing list is to make signing up as easy as possible. People shouldn’t have to search for where your sign up form is. It should be prominently placed on your website, Facebook page and other social media platforms.
Here are some other handy tricks to increase your email marketing subscribers:
- Give away a free course or video series
- Host a giveaway or competition
- Send them an effective lead magnet, such as an ebook
- Provide a significant discount (this works particularly well for ecommerce sites)
- Put a link to sign up in your Twitter biography
- If you work from physical premises, have a sign up sheet at your front desk or reception area.
- Hold a stall at your local markets or promotional fair. Have a sign up sheet at your stall or a flyer that people can take away with them to sign up later.
- Arrange a cross promotion with a similar business and share subscribers.
- Include a link in your email signature, ‘be sure to sign up to my enews…’
- Offer to give short community talks or lead workshops for free and then explain that people can sign up to your enews should they want to learn more about you and what you offer.
Don’t forget to sign up for my enews here. It’s filled with articles, useful marketing advice, deals and industry information.
WANT MORE? There are even more tips in my book. Not only that, there is a section on what to include in your enewsletter, examples of what you can include as a subscriber giveaway/incentive, activities to develop your subscriber database, how to create the best subject line and tips on how to create a stellar enews. And that’s only one chapter out of the book! Purchase your copy of my book, Promote Your Spiritual Business, today for pages and pages of invaluable hints and tips on how to promote your business easily and cost effectively.