As a prolific copywriter, I pride myself on my professionalism and processes. This helps ensure you get the best quality work and great value for money. By considering my terms and conditions, you free me up to deliver you (and other clients) the best work possible.
I can’t wait to work with you!
Please familiarise yourself with the most up to date terms and conditions below.
PAYMENT AND QUOTE
1. Agreeing to the quote you are sent signifies you agree to the terms and conditions and agree to pay the quoted amount in full within fourteen days of invoice. Should you terminate the relationship after agreeing upon the quote, you are still required to pay the full invoice amount. Approving and agreeing to this quote stands in place of a client/provider contract.
2. Full payment is to be made within fourteen days of being invoiced. A fee of ten per cent per seven days thereafter (accumulative) will incur for late payment and charged on the day after the invoice due date. Invoice will be sent upon delivery of initial work.
3. Any additional ad hoc hours or tasks outside this quote can easily be undertaken with prior negotiation of more than 48 hours’ notice will be charged at a negotiated higher rate. Each quote takes into account administration and client liaison, industry research and assessing competitors, editing, proofreading and one complete set of revisions (if required). Extensive research will incur an additional charge but this will be negotiated well in advance.
4. The quote is finite and does not include any writing services or copyediting once the copy/changes have been handed back to you. If you require a copyedit/proofread after you have made the suggested changes, please request an additional quote. You will have seven days to request any clarifications or if you have questions on your work.
5. You will be invoiced for the quoted amount once approved, regardless of whether you end up using or requiring the full assets/content supplied. No part of the quote/project may be transposed (ie swapped in and swapped out) once you have approved.
6. The quote is for the brief that has been supplied or will be by the stipulated deposit date. Any changes to the brief after the material due/deposit date will signify a new project and will incur a new quote and fee. This includes changes to wireframes or templates, so please ensure you send through the most up to date versions.
7. These terms are valid until 30 June 2019 and any quote you are sent is valid until stipulated date unless booked out sooner.
8. Prices stated are inclusive of GST.
9. Please let me know if you would like to upload articles/web content via your CMS. An additional fee applies.
10. The quoted fee is for copywriting and editing only. An additional fee will be charged for meeting or onsite work. Please contact me for costs.
DEPOSIT AND DEADLINES
11. The upfront deposit is non refundable and helps secure your project in my content/client schedule and to help adhere to agreed upon deadlines. Failure to pay deposit before specified dates above could delay delivery times.
12. Please be aware that this delivery deadline is subject to change due to service demand. Once the deposit is paid and relevant material supplied, however, the deadline is enforced and you are booked into my client schedule.
13. SEO keywords, final topics and other relevant information (including copywriting brief) to be supplied by above material deadline.
14. For the purpose of my services, a set of revisions refers to: minor edits, word placement, minor structural changes. Anything that deviates from the initial brief will be requoted and charged as a completely new project. It is important to get the briefing and quoting process correct as this is the stage of the process that I will write to. Any internal or business decisions and changes that you make after the brief, quote approval and deposit has been sent to me will be regarded as a new project and will require requoting. Although rarely required, revisions will generally be provided within seven to fourteen days unless the project is extensive.
15. For copywriting and copyediting services only: if no communication is received from you within seven days of completed agreed upon work sent to you, I will accept that you have agreed to work being done and no further revisions are required. You are not entitled to any free revisions after COB of seven days after the work has been sent to you.
16. All communication will be directed via one person in your organisation, to eliminate any confusion and to expedite the service (trust me, you don’t want to pay for unnecessary correspondence time). The contact person will default to the person who this quote is addressed to, unless previously advised in writing.
17. This document and quote is for your internal use only and not to be distributed to any third party or outside of your organisation. Doing so without expressed consent breaches copyright.
18. Copyright retains with Vanessa Jones of Jones the Writer until all outstanding invoices are paid in full. All work is copyright. Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced by any process, nor may any other exclusive right be exercised, without the permission of Vanessa Jones, 2019.
19. When using Jones the Writer services, you can be assured of confidentiality and privacy. If content is of a delicate nature, I will respect your decision to divulge with me and you can rest assured that I will regard the information with a non judgmental and respectful attitude.
20. I do not condone, encourage or knowingly take part in plagiarism or any other acts of, breach of copyright, fraud or questionably unethical behaviour in regards to your writing work or services provided. By providing material as resources, you confirm that you hold the copyright to the material (unless you explicitly tell my it’s from a third party).
WORKING WITH ME
22. Whilst every effort is made to provide you with correct advice, I exclude myself from any responsibility or indemnity that my advice may cause. This service is offered as an opinion only and the end responsibility lies with you, the client and I exclude myself from any responsibility or indemnity that my advice may cause. This service is offered as an opinion only and the end responsibility lies with you, the client.
23. I reserve the right to terminate the working relationship at any time at my discretion and you will be charged only for the work completed.
24. Although I am very confident that my services will benefit you, I do not provide a guarantee of increased sales or revenue.
25. The supplied quotes are for my time and knowledge only. Any additional costs required by a third party (for example, domain hosting, graphic design, image sourcing, advertising printing costs etc) will be covered completely by the client.
26. Whilst your best interests are at heart and I want to see your business thrive as much as you do, I cannot be held responsible or liable for any inadvertent damages caused through social media and marketing activities or actions undertaken by the client upon my advice.
27. I reserve the right to showcase any copywriting work undertaken on your behalf in my portfolio but you will be credited accordingly. If you require “white label” content, please specify this. White label content will attract an additional fee.
28. I reserve the right to hire a sub contractor for some parts of my client work (at my discretion). However, your confidentiality is always assured and I rarely require to do so.
29. Neither the Jones the Writer, Vanessa Jones nor any of its affiliates and/or partners shall be liable for any unethical, inappropriate, illegal, or otherwise wrongful use of the products and/or other written material received from my website used services. This includes plagiarism, lawsuits, poor grading, expulsion, academic probation, loss of scholarships/awards/grants/prizes/titles/positions, failure, suspension, or any other disciplinary or legal actions.
- Vanessa Jones
- Jones the Writer Copywriting Services
- ABN: 78 138 879 611