There are many marketing avenues available to businesses these days but email is still one of the most powerful and cost effective ways to grow your business. Email marketing allows you to target a specific group of people with tailored content that will resonate with them. In this blog post, we’ll talk about email marketing and what it can do for your business!
1. What is email marketing and how can it help your business
Email marketing helps you grow your business by reaching a specific group of people with tailored content that will resonate with them.
They can also remind prospects to buy something (who doesn’t need reminding, right?) and reward customers for purchases they’ve made in the company’s past.
Email marketing is email content that promotes your brand or business to a specific group of people (your target demographic). It can be as simple as an email message with a link to one particular promotion or more complex and integrated into the email newsletter you send out regularly. This allows you to show up in someone’s inbox whenever they open their inbox.
Email marketing is a powerful way to generate leads and enewsletters are an easy way for your potential customers to get updates about you. If someone subscribes to your email newsletter, they’ll see content from you in their inbox regularly. It’s also one of the most cost effective ways to grow your business because it doesn’t require any additional upfront investment other than creating new email messages.
Why is email marketing beneficial?
Here’s a quick snapshot of why email marketing is powerful:
- allows you to reach your target audience
- provides a simple and effective way of staying in touch with customers
- cost efficient for both the sender and receiver, making it an attractive option for businesses on a budget
- email is a great way to cultivate relationships with consumers
- can help generate leads for your business, leading to new customers and more sales
- can be used as an upsell or cross sell tool by including links for products related to the email content
- reconnecting with old clientele
What’s more, apparently email marketing is more effective than social media at acquiring new customers!
Why you should be using email marketing
- highly effective and low cost way of reaching your target audience
- can be personalised, automated and targeted to specific audiences
- don’t have the high production costs associated with other advertising methods
- a low cost way to promote your business and drive sales instantly
- can be more effective than other types of advertising
Crucially, email marketing is a huge time saver for businesses because you can set up automated messages and campaigns that will send out emails whenever they are needed.
Let’s have a look at these a little closer:
1. Personalisation: emails are more personal than other marketing, so people feel like they know you and care about their opinion a lot more.
2. Targeting specific audiences: for example, by sending ads to just customers who have purchased from you before or who lived in a certain country that would be interested in your products/services.
3. Low production costs: email campaigns don’t cost as much money to make as say someone putting an ad on NBC for half hour block of time (which reportedly costs $500k+).
4. Driving instant sales: when people get sent personalised emails with discounts, deals or coupons that they can use, it makes them want to buy the product right then instead of waiting until later.
Furthermore, email marketing also enables you to closely observe your customer base, which is especially helpful if they have email preferences such as no email on weekends or during certain hours. This way you will know when it’s best to send them offers and updates.
Email marketing best practices
1. Regularly send out new promotions and discounts to incentivise customers to buy.
2. Use email automation tools such as Mailchimp, AWeber, or Constant Contact to help you consistently communicate with your prospects and customers.
3. Offer a “subscribe for updates” option so that people can sign up for your email list without buying anything just yet.
4. Include a call to action in every email. Better yet, with every section within your email.
5. Use social proof in your email subject lines.
6. Keep email relatively content short and sweet.
7. Use incentives strategically: One of the most important aspects of email marketing is using deals and products that are relevant with emails sent on time for holidays like Cyber Monday when people will be looking for deals online.
8. Set up an attractive email lead magnet to get new subscribers.
Don’t want to miss out on those extra sales any longer?