- Do something different. Write about something that hasn’t been written a lot about yet. People are always looking for new and interesting content on the web. Here’s how to blog in 2018.
- Before you start blogging, make sure you have a long list of possible articles so you don’t run out of steam.
- If your topic is highly emotive one and an issue that affects a lot of people, don’t be afraid to be vulnerable and transparent in your writing – readers respond well to vulnerability and authenticity.
- Don’t be shy about offering your opinion or discussing the big, controversial issues.
- Define your audience beforehand; who do you want to write to? New mums? Business owners? What language, topics and blogging behaviour will your target audience respond to? And how do they interact with online platforms?
- Have a clear and consistent voice throughout your blog. It’s best to start with one that you are able to maintain, one that’s close to your own way of speaking and communicating will be the easiest to remain consistent.
- The best thing you can do for your blog is create engaging, strong content. Don’t just blog for the sake of blogging. Write really great work and post regularly. Read more about good content here.
- Offer people a community; make them feel part of a group by encouraging interaction between each other, not just between you and them.
BONUS: learn to write terrific headlines that will make people click